It’s a middle of the afternoon third cup of coffee kind of day.
Not that it’s a bad day…totally not bad at all. Actually, it’s gone pretty well.
It’s just that, well, tomorrow my gallbladder and I will part ways forever. Read: I can’t have any more caffeine for a lot of days so I’m sucking down the coffee while I have the chance.
Although I do view this little procedure as a major annoyance in our lives, I am terribly grateful that it’s only a gallbladder! Mine, apparently, has stopped functioning entirely – as in I scored a 0 on the test they ran. My doctor said he pretty much never runs into gallbladders that actually aren’t functioning at all – ever. Leave it to my organs to be the first.
Anyway, because I’m feeling a two parts dreamy, one part quirky, and one part needing something to make me happy after they slice me open in the morn, I thought we’d have a little Truth Unaltered Challenge. 5 true truths about yourself right now that other people may not know. Leave ’em in the comments on the blog – not Facebook – unless you want the whole Facebook world to see, too 😉
P.S. I friggin’ LOVE these 🙂
1. I have no idea how to use emoticons. I don’t know where to find them, how to insert them, nada. At first, I thought they were all kinds of silly but “everyone’s doing it” and my nearly 30 year old pride won’t let me ask anyone how.
2. I found my favorite hat in my lingerie drawer last week. I’ve been looking for it since we moved…in November. As in, I haven’t opened my lingerie drawer since November of 2012. If I’m being real honest, the only reason I opened it then was to put it all in a box. Thank goodness for the big weekend date [post coming soon…with absolutely no mention of lingerie] or I might never have found it! My how things have changed…
3. I felt like a total frumpy mess standing next to the twenty-year old model-ish hostesses in their tiny black dresses at our hotel this weekend. There was some event there and they had the job of being pretty and steering people in the right direction. I wanted to punch them. Just when you think you’ve conquered that whole self-esteem issue once and for all…
4. I laughed out loud at the We Saw Your Boobs number on The Oscars last night. Although the fact that there’s a reason for such a song to be written actually makes my heart really sad, I thought it humorously said, “Hey you, in the gorgeous gown all covered and elegant looking, I know what your boobies look like because you showed them to a camera and agreed to let anyone who pays $5 take a peak.” Three cheers for Jennifer Lawrence [and a multitude of others] who has never shown hers! Stay strong, ladies.
5. I’m thinking of removing the Down and Dirty from my blog title, so it’ll just read: When Truths Collide. Another variation would be Where Truths Collide. The reason being that when you type in “down and dirty” to any search bar at all you come up with a lot of hits that would fit into the We Saw Your Boobs number quite nicely. The tricky part is that people who are actually looking for something down and dirty might need a little bit of Jesus in their life BUT the people who are just looking for some honest, Jesus’ lovin’ community probably don’t feel excited about stumbling across anything down or dirty. How do we feel about that?